In Face to Face, a face expressing an emotion will be briefly displayed on the screen. Your task is to remember the emotion and find the matching emotion among the next set of faces presented to you.
Here is how Face to Face works:
- When you click START you will be briefly presented with a face expressing an emotion. Remember the emotion.
- Next you will be asked to match the emotion with the next set of emotions presented to you.
- Click/Touch (in case of touchscreens) on the matching emotion, in this case the left one.
More useful information:
- In this exercise, you have a limited time to respond.
You can also try the step by step instructions by clicking the ‘i’ button at the bottom right corner of the exercise screen shown below.
Note: When you try an exercise in a new level, the instruction mode is on by default. The way you can tell whether you are in instruction mode or exercise mode is to note the orange-color banner on top of the exercise screen which looks like the one below. You can always click on the ‘i’ to toggle between instruction mode and exercise mode.
As you progress, the exercise will grow more challenging in the following ways:
- The number of emotions will gradually increase from 5 to 11.
- The expression’s intensity will decrease with easier levels providing more obvious expressions and harder levels providing more subtle variations.
- There will be an increasing number of faces from 3 up to 6.
Control buttons are found at the bottom right of the exercise screen. You can use these buttons to do the following:
- If at any time you wish to repeat the Instructions on a particular exercise, push the’ i’ button.
- If at any time you need to Exit an exercise, push the X button.
- If at any time you wish to Pause the exercise, push the II button.
- If you want to make the exercise Full screen for easier viewing, push Full screen button.
You may also visit the following page to learn more about this exercise