In this exercise, you will see three young adults sitting around a table and talk colloquially about their friends and acquaintances. Your task is to listen to their conversation carefully and remember the details, which you will be asked to recall afterwards.
Here is how In The Know works:
- Once you click “START” you will hear a conversation. Remember the various details mentioned regarding different individuals.
- At the end of the conversation you will be asked to recall details of the conversation, for example:
- Click on the correct answer or touch (in case of touchscreens).
More useful information:
You can also try the step by step instructions by clicking the ‘i’ button at the bottom right corner of the exercise screen shown below.
Note: When you try an exercise in a new level, the instruction mode is on by default. The way you can tell whether you are in instruction mode or exercise mode is to note the orange-color banner on top of the exercise screen which looks like the one below. You can always click on the ‘i’ to toggle between instruction mode and exercise mode.
As you progress, the exercise will grow more challenging in the following two ways:
- Sentences in the conversation will have a less matter of fact order to them.
- Thoughts will be expressed in more complex ways.
- Speech will be less emphasized.
Control buttons are found at the bottom right of the exercise screen. You can use these buttons to do the following:
- If at any time you wish to repeat the Instructions on a particular exercise, push the’ i’ button.
- If at any time you need to Exit an exercise, push the X button.
- If at any time you wish to Pause the exercise, push the II button.
- If you want to make the exercise Full screen for easier viewing, push Full screen button.
You may also visit the following page to learn more about this exercise