In Syllable Stacks you will hear two or more syllables. Your task is to remember these syllables and indicate them on screen in the order you heard.
Here is how Syllable Stacks works:
- Once you click “START” you will hear two or more syllables.
- These Syllables will then be displayed in boxes on the screen.
- Click/touch (in case of touchscreens) the syllables in the order you heard them.
Note: The syllables may sound unusual as our scientists have carefully processed natural speech to engage the brain’s relevant processing machinery more effectively.
More useful information:
You can also try the step by step instructions by clicking the ‘i’ button at the bottom right corner of the exercise screen shown below.
Note: When you try an exercise in a new level, the instruction mode is on by default. The way you can tell whether you are in instruction mode or exercise mode is to note the orange-color banner on top of the exercise screen which looks like the one below. You can always click on the ‘i’ to toggle between instruction mode and exercise mode.
As you progress, the exercise will grow more challenging in the following ways:
- The syllables become more similar.
- The speech processing decreases.
- The voice changes.
Control buttons are found at the bottom right of the exercise screen. You can use these buttons to do the following:
- If at any time you wish to repeat the Instructions on a particular exercise, push the’ i’ button.
- If at any time you need to Exit an exercise, push the X button.
- If at any time you wish to Pause the exercise, push the II button.
- If you want to make the exercise Full screen for easier viewing, push Full screen button.
You may also visit the following page to learn more about this exercise