In Hear Hear you will hear a target sound and a sound sequence. Your task is to remember the target sound and identify where in the sound sequence it occurred.
Here is how Hear Hear works:
- Once you click “START” you will hear a target sound repeated three times. You will be instructed on-screen to remember this target sound:
- Next you will be played a sequence of three different sounds. Listen to this sequence carefully and respond by clicking/touching (in case of touchscreens) one of the displayed options: Was the target sound, the first sound you just heard? Was it the second sound or third? Or was the target sound not presented in the sequence of the three sounds at all?
More useful information:
You can also try the step by step instructions by clicking the ‘i’ button at the bottom right corner of the exercise screen shown below.
Note: When you try an exercise in a new level, the instruction mode is on by default. The way you can tell whether you are in instruction mode or exercise mode is to note the orange-color banner on top of the exercise screen which looks like the one below. You can always click on the ‘i’ to toggle between instruction mode and exercise mode.
As you progress, the exercise will grow more challenging in the following ways:
- Sometimes you’ll hear beeps (a single frequency) and other times you’ll hear sweeps (a set of frequencies).
- The beeps and sweeps become shorter and closer together.
- The beeps and sweeps become more similar to each other.
Control buttons are found at the bottom right of the exercise screen. You can use these buttons to do the following:
- If at any time you wish to repeat the Instructions on a particular exercise, push the’ i’ button.
- If at any time you need to Exit an exercise, push the X button.
- If at any time you wish to Pause the exercise, push the II button.
- If you want to make the exercise Full screen for easier viewing, push Full screen button.
You may also visit the following page to learn more about this exercise