In Hear Hear you will hear a target sound and a sound sequence. Your task is to remember the target sound and identify where in the sound sequence it occurred.
Here is how Hear Hear works:
- Once you click “START” you will hear a target sound. You will be instructed to remember this target sound:
- Next you will be played a sequence of three different sounds. Listen to this sequence carefully and respond by clicking/touching (in case of touchscreens) one of the displayed options: Was the target sound, the first sound you just heard? Was it the second sound or third?
More useful information:
Control buttons are found at the bottom right of the exercise screen. You can use these buttons to do the following:
- If at any time you wish to Pause the exercise, click on the II button (first from left).
- If at any time you need to Exit an exercise, click on the X button (second from left).
- If at any time you wish to watch a tutorial video, click on the movie icon (third from left).
- If at any time you wish to repeat the step by step online instructions on a particular exercise, click on the’ i’ button (fourth from left).
- If you want to make the exercise full screen for easier viewing, click on the Full Screen button (fifth from left).
As you progress, the exercise will grow more challenging in the following ways:
- Sometimes you’ll hear beeps (a single frequency) and other times you’ll hear sweeps (a set of frequencies).
- The beeps and sweeps become shorter and closer together.
- The beeps and sweeps become more similar to each other.